The primary tools are:
- Arches 140 lb and Arches 300 lb handmade paper
- pH neutral drawing paper, Vellum
- Winsor Newton Professional Transparent Water Colour Paint (tubes and cakes)
- Winsor Newton Series 7 Sable Watercolour Brushes
- Natural lighting when possible, simulated daylight lighting otherwise.
- Workstation, Wacom Pressure Sensitive Tablet, Fractal Painter (now Corel Painter), Adobe Photoshop
- Watercolor methods are generally traditional in nature, leaving the whites.
- However, whatever means can be used to lift, remove or replace unwanted imagery or color will be employed to the limit of the painting ground.
- Pen and Ink, Pencil and Charcoal work methods are traditional line and hatching, with occasional brush use.
- Digital paintings were done with Fractal Painter; digital corrections were done with Fractal Painter and Photoshop
- Fractal Painter is updated to Corel Painter